Saturday, January 29, 2011

Doing Something I Enjoy Alone

Hello blog readers again!

Well, it's been a really long time since I've updated my blog because I have been busy with studies. School is really a bit too stressful and I feel that there is really a need to let go some stress by enjoying myself.

But, what should I do? That is the question.

I have tried many various methods including playing computer games and exercising and so on. I think that playing computer games is something I really enjoy alone. I play different kinds of games including games on Facebook, and also games like MapleStory and SuddenAttack.

Well, why do I play this games? Well, because many friends and some of my cousins also play these games. Then I can call them and talk to them while playing. Honestly, I am not as good as my friends and cousins at these games. Thus I'm labeled as a "noob" by my friends.

What is a "noob", you may ask. Well, according to my friends, "noob" means a person who does a certain thing badly.

However, playing games is an enjoyment, it's not supposed to affect my studies. So I always limit myself to playing only 1 hour during weekdays and at most 3 hours during weekends. After I play games I'll normally do some revision of my schoolwork.

Other than playing games, I also love reading storybooks, especially non-fiction ones. Non-fiction books provide a deeper insight of the world.

I have just read a book, "Memoirs of Lee Kuan Yew, The Singapore Story". This book is written by MM Lee himself, and in this book he talks about building a nation from ground up and what he and the ministers of that time did to help Singapore from being separated from Malaysia.

I also read fiction books, especially those by my favorite author, Roald Dahl. These includes books like "Danny the Champion of the World", "Witches" and so on.

Not only this, I also like watching Chinese serial drama on Channel 8, such as 爱, meaning "love" in English. The drama is about families being broken apart by money. It sure is interesting but sometimes its a bit too long-winded.

Oops, it's time for something I enjoy too, sleeping!

Goodbye and good night!


3 comments:

  1. Haha lol Mousehunt? You never mention in your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned "games on Facebook".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Ai is very long-winded. :) My folks are BIG fans. I can't stand Xie Mingming.

    ReplyDelete