Well, I have a problem now. Do you know what problem is that?
Now, what is the meaning of the word "problem"? That is the question. "Problem", as defined by the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, is a situation that causes difficulties or a question for which a person has to think carefully to get the right answer.
Okay, lets not beat about the bush. What is my problem? Well, I am deciding which computer to buy for myself. For me, I am a "Apple Fanboy", meaning a male who is a fan of Apple's products, so I will definitely go with the Mac computers. However, there are many different kinds of Macs, and I have chosen the 2 choices that I will consider buying. I am also new to Macs as I have been using PCs for a long time.
The 2 Macs are the MacBook Pro and the iMac. Why did I narrow down to these 2 products? Well, because these 2 Macs have the best performance. To me, I favour performance over mobility. Thats why I narrowed down my choice to the MacBook Pro, which is quite heavy, but its quite fast, and the iMac, the best all-in-one computer, meaning the CPU tower that you see in other products is now integrated into a single LCD screen.
I mentioned that I prefer performance over mobility, but why did I not choose the Mac Pro, the fastest computer. Well, the main reason is that it has a CPU tower, making the computer very bulky, and it is also very expensive as the display is sold separately, costing $5136!
The MacBook Pro, as you can tell from the name, is a notebook. If I would to buy this, I would definitely buy the 17 inch model, costing $3398 which is quite expensive. My father was agreeable with the price and it was also very convenient as I can bring it around.The iMac, is a desktop, as I have mentioned. I wanted to buy the 27 inch iMac, costing $2888, but my mother said that there was not enough space in my small room. So, I could only buy the 21.5 inch model, costing $2188.
Why, you might ask, was the MacBook Pro more expensive than the iMac despite the iMac being better than the MacBook Pro in terms of the technical specifications. Well, because the MacBook Pro is mobile. Things have to be fitted more tightly in the MacBook Pro than in the large iMac.
I had a dilemma over which Mac to buy. I asked my relatives for their opinions, I asked my friends, and also online! I asked other people from all over the world which computer would be a better choice.
Mobility or performance? That is the question. I finally decided.
Performance. That is the answer.
I went down to CitySquare Mall, just beside my house at CitySquare Residences, and went to the Apple vendor in Best Denki and bought an iMac.
So here I am, posting this blog on an iMac. It feels much more professional than a traditional PC.
But, I don't have a laptop now. Maybe I can tell my mother to buy a MacBook Pro for herself, but I will be the one using it!
Oops, I just found out its time for dinner. Goodbye!

No comments:
Post a Comment