Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something unusual that happened that day

Hello blog readers!

Well, today was really a special day for me as I witnessed my first flood. Do you know where the flood was?

Can you guess it? The answer is Singapore! I bet you think I'm lying but its real! Imagine Singapore being flooded! And do you know where in Singapore? Yes! The flood occurred at Orchard Road!

For me, I was at the scene witnessing that very event, the first flood of Singapore since around 1960s! You might ask, why was I there? Well, because I had to attend a NCC course about Electricity Conservation at 313 Somerset. We had to wear our full No. 4 (In case you didn't know, the No. 4 is the name of our NCC uniform).

Around 1pm, we were dismissed and we started to walk to the MRT station to go back home. We walked along the pavement that was right at the side of the 4 lane road. At first, it was not flooded, but it rained very heavily. Slowly, the water suddenly rose to ankle level.


After only around 10 minutes, the water level rose to waist level! I was in the flood but I just continued walking in the flood. On Stomp, I saw some pictures of me and my fellow cadets in the flood! Finally, I was a celebrity! (Some wishful thinking on my part)

Well, it was really a very unique experience to really be in the flood and moving around in the water in my No. 4. However, after that, I had a terrible time drying my clothes as I cannot possibly ride in the MRT in my soaked attire.


I also saw a man swimming in the flood! Hilarious! Maybe its too hot in Singapore and he has to cool down by taking a bath in the flood!


Wow, come to think of it, it was really fun in the flood! However, I hope that the authorities can find out the cause of the problem and solve it quickly to prevent future floods that may cause many shopping centres to flood, causing a big problem for shop owners.

Oops, have to go for dinner now!

Goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. Did you see the goods from the flooded shops floating by along Orchard Road? This scene sort of reminds me of a scene from Bruce Almighty. :)

    ReplyDelete